Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need to get this Alarm resolved, but don't know how 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ripvw32

MIS
Jun 3, 2004
US
I have an Avaya G3si and the following alarm will not clear....I have tried to test long and clear, but with no sucess. Any answers?

Port Maintenance On Alt Alarm Svc Ack?
01A PR-MAINT n MINOR

Alarmed Resolved
10/06/01:31 00/00/00:00

Check the POTS line that is connected to the system. If that line is OOS, that could be your problem.

or: test inads to check your inads line. otherwise could be a processor problem. check your errors and find them up in the maintenance reference documentation

Test INADS....I could see that, however no maint docs to look up

By disabling the inads test, and then doing the test, it will clear the alarm. But u still need to find out why u don't have dial tone(most likely) on your inads port.

Da-vi'do

P.S. A message to all,if you want to get the best response to a question, please read FAQ222-2244 first. Also give the type & version of your voice mail & pbx system & preview your post to make sure it is complete & understandable. Be aware that if u don't answer a question, I usually will not continue to help u.

Got it guys.........Was a wierd fix. Alarm was for cabinet 1 carrier A, however, no alarm lights were on card. Looked up alarm error (1049) and found it was an error on the INADS-PRI. Cleared errors, alarm went away!! Like I said weird.......But thanks for you help

Make sure u turn testing on the Inads port back on. If u still don't have dialtone, it will come back tomorrow.

I mean the alarm will come back if u don't have dialtone on the inads port

Da-vi'do

P.S. A message to all,if you want to get the best response to a question, please read FAQ222-2244 first. Also give the type & version of your voice mail & pbx system & preview your post to make sure it is complete & understandable. Be aware that if u don't answer a question, I usually will not continue to help u.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back