Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need to get rid of Secondary Domain and PO that only exist in NDS 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

benbeneke

IS-IT--Management
Dec 5, 2002
AU
Hi all,

Trying to do an Upgrade from GW5.2 to GW6.5.3 on NW6.0 SP5
Was going great until..... the new GW653 MTA is trying to contact a secondary Domain and PO that no longer exist - machine is dead and Gone!

these only exist in NDS and I cannot delete them (goes to pending). THis is now abending the server MTA process and I cannot complete the upgrade - need to upgrade existing POA from 5.0 to 653.

Any way I can get rid of the references to this old secondary or do I need to contact Novell to hack the info out for me?

Thanks - Ben

i beleive there is a tid on this - it's something like
modify the paths of the objects to a temp path
do a rebuild of both objects pointing to this temp path
then delete them - you should get the wee prompt that say is it ok to del structure and then you say yep

Just off the top of my head I would first suggest that you sever all links between the Primary and Secondary domains. Change the link config between the Primary (for Inbound and Outbound) and the Secondary domain you want to delete to "undefined". Do a restart on the Primary and then try deleting the Secondary's NDS objects. A quick question, does the Primary show the Secondary as being open?

FarOut
V-Peace-V

surely the links would need to be up as you need the mta to send the admin alert to tell the mta's to delete the postoffice and domain

yep that was the tid i was talking about

as far out said good luck

it shouldnt cause the mta to abend though but it is 5.2 though so ...

Primary already showed Link as undefined. Attempts to delete just went to pending hence the problem.

hanks for the TID, a newer version of this one I found:

Unfortunately neither work.

I have completely recreated the old setup (Which was in another tree to make matters worse!) with Server, Tree, container and volume names all matching. Recreated the 3 user names that are in limbo (test users) and said yes when system asked whether these users matched the existing GW accounts.
Tryed to rebuild database but got D109 error?!? Cannot get Secondary PO to even create a wphost.db etc.... Pulling my hair out now!!

Reason for doing above was because of help from another tech site that advised: "You are going to have to build up a new server and put the missing postoffice/POA and Domain/MTA on it with the same name. Then let the pending operations flow thru, then delete it appropriately. You don't have a choice - this is the only solution.I've had to do this once before when I was in the exact same boat."

This looked very promising for a while but has failed with the database rebuilds.

I am going to redo the deletes and leave them overnight but as I cannot get the PO and MTA running on the temporary server I am not very confident of this working.

Hope you guys can come up with something for me overnight.

Many thanks

Ben

Well Guys I got it in the end!

Fix came via Novell support forum's and what a beauty....

I built temp servers and allsorts and nothing worked, the above tid completed the job in 10 minutes. Wish I'd had that tid 3 days ago :)
Only issue was an error at step 5 but when you shut and restart ConsoleOne all is as it should be, orphaned secondary in set to external!!

Thanks for all your help

Terry was the closest of all to what I needed - Thanks Bud

Just glad you got it resolved. Have a good one!

FarOut
V-Peace-V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back