Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need to get rid of bad words on starting Microsoft Apps 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mosterhus

MIS
Jul 18, 2001
US
This computer is in a high school lab and while they are supposed to be protected all the security was disabled. The problem is when you open any microsoft office applicaton and the box comes up that says Microsoft Word (or excel, etc.)and gives all the registration info somebody added some cuss words at the end of the school name. i have searched the registry and found about 8 entries with that phrase and changed them. I also searched the hard drive for files containing that phrase and changed all of those. i have done a complete uninstall and reinstall and it is still there. even though it only stays on the screen for a second or two the teacher wants it off! please help!

What version of Office is this? what operating system are you using?

zehrhead - Office 2K pro and windows 95....sorry i should have said that. thanks for your quick response!

I would think they changed this in the registry. Probably under HKEY_Current_User\Software\Microsoft\Office\9.0\Common\UserInfo

You may also want to check out article:
joegz
"Sometimes you just need to find out what it's not first to figure out what it is."

joegz - i owe you once again. that resolved it. mosterhus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back