Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need to find a UK maintainer for Octel 250 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluerigsby

Technical User
Oct 8, 2003
GB
Does anyone know who can support in the UK my Overture 250. It just keeps on running, but I would like peace of mind to know someone holds UK spares and an engineer with Octel skills if needed.

I have had to fly over a few times as there seems to be no one in that area that has Octel 250 /350 skills.

We are very reasonable and can maintain it in any way you like.

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

We are based in Walton On Thames in Surrey the South of England below London.

I'd like a T&M solution if we could get a feel for the costs of each visit on this basis.

On another note
I just learnt from an Avaya note that the 250 will reset its clock to 1984 on the 24th November, and there is no patch or workaround. This will stop the system from sending or receiving messages. They offer no workaround. But I wonder if someone has thought of that already. If I reset the system clock to 2005 instead of 2015, will that keep it running, or will changing the clock purge any messages older than 2005 ?

extract from Avaya PSN003385u

Two Problems affect all software releases of Octel Aria 250 and 350:
1. These systems cannot announce the years 2013 and later. Starting January 1, 2014, this impairs these systems’ ability to
announce the message origination year for messages originated in 2013 or later. Message origination year only plays when
the year originated is different than the year the message is accessed.
2. On November 24, 2015, the system calendar will reset to January 1, 1984. Systems will be unable to send or receive new
messages and auto attendants, holiday schedule and message date stamps, and other functionality will be impaired.

Many Thanks

Kevin Fraser

Just change the year to 1987 or any year that matches the days and leap year of 2015 and you will be fine.

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Clarification:
Since our Octel only shows the system date on Menu 3 - Set Date/Time of:
MM/DD/YY
If I change it to 11/DD/87...I assume that it will revert to 1987 and not 2087 due to the maximum value of those 3 bytes being FFFFFF? (Nov 24th 2015)

Thanks in advance for your assistance,
Mary Bainer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back