Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need to find a blue tooth compatible analog phone for CS1000 PBX

Status
Not open for further replies.

EileenF

IS-IT--Management
Jun 1, 2009
US
We have a CS1000 PBX with M390x phones. I need to accommodate an employee with hearing aids (model Oticon Agil Promini Rite). User states he will need a streamer (also by Oticon) to pair directly to a blue tooth adapter which is compatible with our PC and company issued Blackberry environments. How to get this to work with his M3904 is the big question. Because he has extensive outside contacts, he would need to keep his current 4-digit extension. His audiologist said he would need an analog phone that is blue tooth compatible and a single analog line.

Panasonic and any number of other manufacturers offer home style handsets with bluetooth compatibility. Typically DECT 6.0 or similar, but sounds like this will do what you need. You can usually buy them in sets that can grow to multiple handsets, just buy the basic version and you should be all set.

trvlr1 - thank you for the suggestion. But for the life of me, I can't comprehend how using a non-Nortel phone will work with our switch and still allow him acces to Call Pilot voicemail.

Analog is the key here...If I am reading trvlr1 correctly...get the user a DECT 6.0 cordless with bluetooth capability and connect it to an analog port on the PBX.

Thank you jaxuser (and trvlr1) for you helpful suggestions. I'm working with our vendor now and feel confident we'll get this working to employee's satisfaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back