Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need to Fill in Values in Some Values in Subform Automatically

Status
Not open for further replies.

mightyatom13

Technical User
Oct 1, 2002
US
I work for a concert promoter and have built a database to track our advertising expenditures by newspaper and show. We do several shows a week and run ads in several papers. I currently have a form for a paper open up. It has a place to enter the date the ad runs and cost of the ad, along with a few other fields. I then have a subform with a drop down list box containing all of our upcoming concerts and a field next to it to add in the number of units of space the ad takes up (i.e. field 1 will say Supersuckers 11/18/2002 and field 2 will say "4"). What I would like would be for the subform to already have the fields filled in with each upcoming show so that I don't have to select it from a list. I have found several times where I have missed a show and left it out of the ad because It was confusing.

Sorry for such a long description of the problem. Any help is appreciated. I am self taught, so may be approching the problem from a weird angle.

Oh...It is a combo box, not a list box. Sorry for any confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back