Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

need to export report into excel and send via email 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonny1974

Technical User
Feb 25, 2007
US
i have used crystal reports for years , but a slight newbie on enterprise

is it possible to have the report to send via email in excel format.

Ok I set mine up the same except using our ip address and mine failed as well but for a different reason. That was because of an issue with the FROM field. It must be in a valid email address format. Meaning it must be something like "CrystalReports@yourorg.com" or whatever. It does not have to be a valid email address.

Since you are getting a different error message I have to wonder if your SMTP on the Crystal Enterprise server is configured correctly or that your email system is configured to accept SMTP mail from your Crystal Enterprise server. We use MS Exchange here and I believe my CE server had to be entered in a "relay" table or somthing like that.

Take a look at the following Business Objects publication. I believe it contains a method to test SMTP on your server.

You have to verify that SMTP is working at the server level.

Good Luck.

we are using lotus notes, i gave my network guy the stpm test and ill see if it works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back