Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

need to export report into excel and send via email 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonny1974

Technical User
Feb 25, 2007
US
i have used crystal reports for years , but a slight newbie on enterprise

is it possible to have the report to send via email in excel format.

Absolutely. You would just have to set the FORMAT to EXCEL and the DESTINATION to EMAIL.

I should have said that both of these options can be found under the SCHEDULE tab for each report you want to schedule.

do i need to go to the destination and enter the emails?

Do you mean the email addresses of the folks you want the report sent to? If the report is running as a scheduled job on the Enterprise server the answer is YES but keep in mind it can be one or more email addresses and that an email address in this context can also be a Distribution list.

If this report is being scheduled/run through an applicaction (.ASP, .NET) the "TO:" can be dynamically built so you can control who the report is sent to via code. Unfortunately I've never done it myself so I can't be of help there but I know it can be done.

when i run the report on enterprise it works

but if i add and email to send it to it errors

Printer: The instance is not printed.

External Destination: Mail the instance to " sbc_sandhu@yahoo.com " with a subject of " ".

Data Refresh Settings: Use the server defaults.

Start Time: 4/27/07 4:51:00 PM

End Time: 4/27/07 4:51:25 PM

Server Used: dhs-crp-01svr.reportjobserver

Error Message: server error. CrystalEnterprise.Smtp: SMTP_E_TCPSOCKET_OPEN(2)

anyone have any ideas to fix this error?

Is the SMTP service on the server started?

Did you enable SMTP on your Crystal Job Server? If not from the CMC select SERVERS, the select your job server(s), and then DESTINATION ==> CrystalEnterprise.Smtp. This must be enabled for Crystal Enterprise to use the SMTP service on the server.

where would the crystal job server be, so i can enable the smtp

CMC = Crystal Management Console which is just another name for the Crystal Enterprise administration tool. You should have a link/start menu option that takes you the Crystal Enterprise Admin Launchpad. The Crystal Management Console is the first option on the right side of the UI..

As far as finding your Crystal Job Server (an you may have created more than one) select the SERVERS option from the CMC home page. This will provide you a list of servers/services that have been configured on your Crystal Enterprise Server. Look for the service identified as a "Crystal Report Job Server" and click on it. Then select the DESTINATIONS option. You will see the CrystalEnterprise.Smtp option. You must enable and configure this option before you can use SMTP from Crystal Enterprise. This all assumes you have the SMTP service enable at the server level.

i didnt see crystal enterprise.smtp
but there is a email (smtp) it was already enabled

Even if it's enabled, it needs to be configured at "both ends of the pipe".

SMTP settings including server,login and password need to be set-up in the DESTINATION settings of each JobServer.

You also need to confirm with your e-mail Server administrator that inbound SMTP traffic is accepted from your Crystal Enterprise server.

If you have multiple JobServers in a cluster, the set-up needs to be done on each service.

Based on your response it appears you are on Business Objects XI and not Crystal Enterprise 10. I should have asked in the first place but your original post made a reference to 'enterprise' so I just assumed CE10. That being said you found the right item to enable/configure.

I think you are getting close. Just follow what Mjrbim stated and get it all configured and it should work just fine.

the network guy at my job
set up the server name and port
under email destination

it stil doesnt send

any ideas

I'm sorry but I don't know what else to tell you. I just spent 5 min setting up smtp on my CE-XI test server and ran a report and all worked just fine. Something on your server is set up wrong but I can't tell you what.

Are you still getting the same error message?

Error Message: server error. CrystalEnterprise.Smtp: (501)

under Home > Servers > dhs-crp-01svr.reportjobserver >

domain name is blank
server name is 10.35.1.242
port is 25
smpt user name is blank
smtp password is blank
from is Crystal Reports - Business Objects

Hi,
Unlike your first posted error, this one usually indicates a bad Email address...Try using just 1 fully qualified address in the TO: field,

Known.User@theirserver.com

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back