Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need to dump large amount of data

Status
Not open for further replies.

cDevX99

Programmer
Aug 29, 2001
US
Here is what I think I can, and hope to do....

I would like to dump all of the data in a tablespace as well as the table structures and key structures to a script file that I can then run on a 9i database in another tablespace where the tables would be recreated as well as primary and foreign keys, then the data would repopulate the newly created tables. If anyone can be of any help in this, I would be very grateful.

This sounds like a job for the export/import utilities. That's how we upgraded from Oracle 7.3.4 to Oracle 8. I have no reason to believe it wouldn't also work going from 8 to 9.

Is there a command line way to do that? I have not found it. There does not seem to be a management server installed and I wish to make as few changes as possible on that dying production server.

In Unix, they are exp and imp, I hear rumors that they work in the DOS window of NT, but I have no NT Oracle The one thing you can't give for your heart's desire is your heart. - Lois McMaster Bujold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back