Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need to display decimal on X Axis of line chart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jen123

Technical User
Mar 9, 2001
GB
I'm using CR2008 SP1 and I have a line chart with 4 summarised data values and a on change of value that should be a decimal along the X Axis. My problem is that the X Axis is only showing whole numbers (the database is decimal(5,2)) and the decimals display as raw data outside the chart ok. They should read -2.0, -1.5, -1, -0.5, 0, 0.5, 1, 1.5 etc.

I've tried changing between Time, Ordinal and Numeric scale types to no avail. The best that I can get is either Numeric, although this displays the decimals, I can't get the half points or I can use Ordinal which will not show decimals but I get all the points...

Instead of a regular line chart, use a numeric axis line chart (the first tab in the chart expert), and then select the axis label->numeric (x) axis options->scales->uncheck the auto scale boxes and set the major interval to .5. In the number tab, set the decimals to 1.

-LB

Thanks LB, that's fixed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back