Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need to delete data from MSysAccessObjects

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwalker

Technical User
Nov 29, 2002
I have a very simple database consisting of a table with 1 field - [image_path] - which stores the DOS path of a list of JPEG images. There is also a form which contains 30 image controls. On loading the form I have code which sets the linked image path in each control to the paths listed in the table - the form then opens displaying the images according to the paths stored in the table.

Everything works fine. My problem concerns the system table MSysAccessObjects which has quickly grown to over 100MB. I assume it's caching the image file data - remembering that no images are embedded, all are linked.

What I need to know is if there is any way I can delete this data from the MSysAccessObjects table as the total database size is ridiculous considering it consists of a form and a 30 record table.

If there's no safe way to edit this table does anyone know how else to prevent it getting so big?

Compacting the database has no effect.

The table I created is only 30 records in length, so is therefore tiny. The only other tables in the database are the System tables. Each of these is 30 records or less, except MSysAccessObjects which has over 25,000 records.

Try building a new database and importing all of your database objects and code. Make sure that your code references are the same and be sure to compile and save your code before closing the database. Also setting your general options 'Compact on close' to true may help eliminate future occurances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back