Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need to decompile and port over to Windows 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jarit

MIS
Jan 23, 2007
US
I have an old Clipper program that was compiled with Clipper 5.2d Rev 215, using Blinker 3.10. Looking for assistance in getting this done.

Do you have any source code? This will probably be 'non-trivial' either way - but at least it gives you a chance.

There are some decompilers on the market, I don't know how good they are. Here is a link to one of the more popular ones:

Regards

Griff
Keep [Smile]ing

You *can* turn a Clipper program into a 'proper' windows application by using either xHarbour (which is free, but I have no expierence of) or Alaska xBase++ (which is not free [not by a long way] and needs a fair bit of work).

Either one will produce a 32 bit Windows program (xHarbour may even produce one that will run on Linux - but I'm not sure).

Personally, I would move the application to VFP (again not free). If you can get the source from a decompiler, you will still need to do a lot of work, but it is at least doable.

Good luck to you - let us know how you get on.

B-)

Regards

Griff
Keep [Smile]ing

Jarit,

just be aware that Valkyrie probably will not decompile a clipper app linked with blinker.
At least that is still in my memory of using Valkyrie back in the past.

Be sure to ask before you buy!

Rob.

I would recommend two ways:
1. to run the app without any change in DOS-Box
2. to rewrite/redesign fully the app in any new development environment (for example VFP) using all available new technologies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back