Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need to create Adjtime and all gnd* files before EOD(using grind.exe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

majdiPOS

Technical User
Jul 17, 2009
US
I am new to using the Aloha POS. I am running 6.1.18. When I run EOD on the current DOB (by using Force EOD from AlohaManager), the dated folder gets created without gndsales and adjtime (and others) as well. Is this the right behavior for the Force EOD?
Also, I would like to create a dated folder for the current DOB before EOD process takes place by using the grind.exe from the command line. Would running grind.exe from the command line created all gnd* files (similar to EOD and then grind)?
Any suggestions and feedback will be highly appreciated!

Why do you want to create a dated sub before EOD? Just run grind and grab what data you need from the data directory, or am I missing something?

MegabyteCoffee.com

Trying to provide updated time (from Adjtime.dbf) and sales data (gndsale) to create flash reports (using third party tool).

Ok, but why not run grind on the current day (Data) and just read the data you need from there? Why go to the hassle of created a faux dated sub and such?

Or, why are you forcing an EOD? What's wrong with a scheduled EOD and calling your export utility during EOD from something like winhook?

MegabyteCoffee.com

Thank you for your suggestions. I have a harness that targets mainly gndsale and adjtime when they get generated after normal EOD\Grind run when a store closes for the current DOB (current business Day). Currently, all my reports (generated by my harness) are available to me after the EOD. I need to change that and try to use the same harness during DOB before EOD to generate my reports on demand (targeting the adjtime, gndsale, etc files). I am looking for a way to grind the current DOB before EOD (which I have read is doable).
I am grinding the current DOB on my Aloha dev system, but I adjtime, gnd* do not get created. And, I keep getting multiple grind.exe running at the same time (with some running indefinite – waiting to grind xxxxxxx)

If you do not have any time adjustments, I don't think one gets created. I'll have to double check this but I do alot of procesing with our own custom written apps with gndowage and adjtime, -because until we switched over to our new enterprise server, the previous versions wouldn't import gndowage data.

If this software you are using isn't more friendly than what you got, then the only other solution would be to create an event that would simulate this function at certain intervals and delet this directory a few minutes before the actual EOD. Not sure what you are using, but it sounds like a mess of a program.

MegabyteCoffee.com

Force EOD should be running all of the normal EOD processes, including creating all of your gnd*.dbf files. It runs a number of processes in the background and can take a few minutes to complete.

It also creates the gnddbf.xxx marker file. If the Winhook marker file exists in any of your dated subs, but the gnddbf.xxx is missing, it will stick on 'waiting to grind'. Copying that marker file to the offending dated sub will stop it.

EOD also processes the batch file specified in Store Settings, which you probably already noticed (endday.bat by default). If you are trying to grind a folder outside the time of EOD the command line is:

%iberdir%\bin\grind.exe /date YYYYMMDD
(where YYYYMMDD is the date you want to grind)

Similarly if you wanted to automatically grind the current day:

%iberdir%\bin\grind.exe /date data

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back