Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need to copy a working systems data base to another main cabinet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbn466

Technical User
Oct 11, 2007
US
I have a customer that is going to be moving by the end of the month. So i am trying to have anoter pre-programmed identical system in place so come cutover night, It's just a plug and play,HAHA.

I was wondering if there was a way that i could copy the database and just load into another cabinet that i have at my office in a lab.

Not sure what all i need to look for here, so any help would great.

I thought I heard that nortel can provide a duplicate dongle to do this with.

Not sure i follow you,

Do you mean just pull the card and plug them all into a new cabinet when they move to their new office?

what cab type? if you have dual cpus, yes you do not need a special dongle to move software from one box to another... with the 11 cab, all i can say is try it once.. if it's just a few 100 phones, scripts would be better then paying nortel for the sofware move

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

RE: "Not sure i follow you"

I'm assuming this is a small system (Option 11). So, yes, just unplug the cards and plug them into the new pre-wired chassis you (hopefully) have at the new site.

The programming won't leak out while you drive them to the new site.

~~~
GHTROUT.com | Get the Input/Output Manuals | Tek-Tips FAQs | Recent Replies

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Can you post those script if have have them.
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back