Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need to convert a wma file I made to a mp3 to load to Facebook. 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

briteyes

Technical User
Nov 6, 2001
NZ
I have win 7 with media player12. Can I do this wwith just the apps that come with wind7 and windows live please.

>> Can I do this wwith just the apps that come with wind7 and windows live please.

not that I am aware of...

I would suggest a freeware program, such as:

Free MP3 WMA Converter

LameXP 4.03 Build 774 Final-2

Note: I've not tested the above software, just did a bid of research from my failing memory... ;)

Ben
"If it works don't fix it! If it doesn't use a sledgehammer..."
How to ask a question, when posting them to a professional forum.
Only ask questions with yes/no answers if you want "yes" or "no"

download Audacity from SourceForge

AS taken from E-how.

Right-click on the WMA file and select the "Open With" option from the context menu.

Click on the "Windows Media Player" option. The WMA file will open and begin playing in the Windows Media Player interface.

Click the downward pointing arrow under the button labeled "Rip" on the top navigation bar.

Click the "More Options" link. The "More Options" dialog box will appear.

Click the "Rip Music" tab.

Click the "Change" button to change the location where the MP3 file will be saved.

Click the "File Name" button and type a new name for the MP3 file.

Select the "MP3" option from the "Rip Settings - Format" drop-down box.

Adjust "Audio Quality" by sliding the bar between "Small Size" and "Best Quality".

Click "OK". The WMA file will be converted and saved as an MP3 file to the specified location.

Test the MP3 file by playing in a compatible MP3 player.

Read more: How to Convert WMA Playback to MP3 With Windows Media Player | eHow.com

Thank you to all who replied to this post. Yes I did use the windows media option, I didn't think it had worked when I tried it the first time but had made the error of looking at the original file. Have heard of Audacity and will try this also.

Thanks again to techo savvy friends worldwide...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back