Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need to clone drive ... how?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Hi,

I'm running Windows 2000 Server with Exchange 5.5 and Arcserve 2000. I have run out of space on the hard drive that holds Exchange and Arcserve. I've purchased a new larger drive and would like to install it. I need to make sure the drive is an exact copy of the old drive and it must be the D:\ drive. How would I go about doing this?

Thanks!

Janea

Hi Janea,
The easiest way I know is with partition magic, all you have to do is have the app installed on your system, and the "new" HDD installed as well as the one you wish to copy.
Boot to dos with the diskets you will have to make, and select copy HDD2 to HDD3, copy incase something goes wrong not move...
Once this has been done, remove the old old HDD2 and replace with HDD3 (the new large HDD) and it should be as drive "D", if not use disk management in win2k to change its drive letter to "D".

Easy.....and you have a compleet backup of your data on the drive as well...just in case..

Let us know how you went.

partition magic will not work with server unless you get PowerQuest's Business solution

same as for Norton, Servers uses different version which will run you a penny or two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back