Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need to Automatically Rotate Mermail Greetings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary7B

Technical User
Nov 2, 2004
Running Mermail 12 on our Option 11C and the CEO would like our main line answered with an ever-changing, celebrity-recorded, greeting message, followed by the auto-attendant's menu of prompts. Celebrities' initial greetings must "rotate" automatically. Any way to accomplish with Mermail? How about with Call Pilot? Many thanks for your ideas.

Gary B.

Create many duplicate menus that do what your mail lines needs done, each with a different celebrity voice. Then using an "RA" service (aka Remote Activation), you call in weekly, tell the system the DN, it asks what Voice Service and you select one from your list.

That will prove to be the best way to rotate more than two celebrities.

GHTROUT.com | FAQs | Recent Replies

I think he wants each incoming call to be answered by a different celebrity (a dozen in total). What do you think of my pointing my IDC (main no. DID) to the pilot number of a circular hunt group where each DN in the hunt group has its own greeting, is configured not to accept messages, and is programmed to revert to the DN of the main auto-attendant (i.e. MS - Voice Menu Service)?

Your CEO has been sipping to much ice tea. Just what people want when there trying to get though.

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

OK, so a random celeb for each call. Your idea might work. I looked up "Group Hunt" to see if it would search for members in a random fashion and I can't tell - I've never used Group Hunt. But you might be on to something with that method.

GHTROUT.com | FAQs | Recent Replies

The problem with that is the group hunt number will be the original dialed digits. Not going to work unless it is answered and transfered.

Signature===========================================
Artificial Intelligence Is No Match for Natural Stupidity.

The latest survey shows that 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.

Red meat is not bad for you, it is the green fuzzy meat that is bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back