Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need to automatically Auto-In an agent as soon as they login with the Agent ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

golfnutx14

Technical User
May 6, 2009
US
Hello Team,

I have a request for the Contact Center in which they want their agents to automatically Auto-In as soon as they login with their Agent ID. The reason is they they want to avoid the agent going into AUX 0 which is the default when the login. Agents create excuses that they forgot to Auto-In and get upset when called out on it. The Contact Center is viewing their Auto-In status as a time stamp.

Today, an agent logins in a 8:00 am and CMS does track that login event. But since they go to Aux 0 automatically, the agent gets coffee, walks away, etc. By the time they get back, they then hit Auto-In. So there could be a few minutes of Aux-0 right off the bat. In their opinion, the agent was not ready to work at 8am and they should have been. I been looking at the agent page and System Parameters, but nothing for exactly what I need. All my agents are set to Auto-Answer at the station level.

I would appreciate any input, thank you.

You have a people problem! You can, though I would never recommend it, make skills auto available where they're forced in to auto-in always - so, no call work, no aux work, etc.

Or, CMS has something that can track what keys agents press so you can look at members of the team each day and go remind them how to use the phone.

Full disclosure: I was a call center agent once and tried everything to avoid doing my job. It's like some unspoken challenge or something. When I found myself out of a job, I figured I might be half decent at knowing how these systems work, so here I am :)

Actually, you got me thinking about some old dirty tricks we used to play in the call center...

If your people need to swipe a card in to get access to the building, check your access logs. I'd almost be willing to bet that you've got a few repeat offenders that have a little club and log each other in. Wait till you find somebody scanning their card at the door to show up after they got put in Aux work and have HR dish out a suspension or something :)

Thank you @Kyle555, interesting note about the CMS bit because our Work Force Management system does detect the agent state as it gets its feed from CMS. If WFM shows, say an 8:02 AUTO-IN status but the regular CMS login\out report actually shows them login in a 8:00, the management feel that the employee is late or in essence not ready to work for those 2 minutes. They are asking me to look into making the agent login and immediately go to a ready state. We still need the ACD and Aux code buttons for other reasons.

I'm familiar with those tricks, we have caught people in the past. Had a guy actually try to sound like his friend whom he did that for when a call came in and was still denying it was his voice in the Call Recorder.

Well, I hope you're not in a union environment - because I've also had the discussion of being paid from when I'm at work vs being paid from when I'm available to take calls. Being ready to take calls involved booting a 700 MHz Celeron into Win2k and opening Lotus Notes.

There's management giving that ethics speech to agents to the effect of "if you steal 2 minutes and everyone steals 2 minutes every day that's tens of thousands of dollars being paid that aren't worked". Of course, I'm sure your management feels that they only need to pay from when an agent is available - even if loading up a PC is required beforehand.

I don't know how your management should run your call center, but you've got the means to know why people are available at start of shift and the means to pay them only from that point. If management isn't willing to be flexible for a minute here and there, expect your agents to bring up arguments similar to mine - and to find every cheat in the book to avoid working. It's a trust thing really, and if that doesn't exist between frontline and management, than aux-work is the least of your problems! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back