Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need to add user login and change passwords

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimc35

Technical User
Jun 16, 2009
US
What is the process to add new user login accounts and change passwords on a CS1000 r 4.5? I know a level 2 password is need to change passwords. How does one obtain a level 2 password? Can I create additional user accounts? thanks.

like you say you need Admin2 capabilities and you will either know them or you will have a maintainer who does.

To simplify my question.... Do I need to go through Avaya to obtain a level 2 password? I maintain my switch but never had a level 2 password. My security dept wants me to change our admin password and we only have one user name. I am only looking for how I go through the process of gaining that info not asking for passwords on here.

Your vendor may have that info or they can recover it for you. If you don't have a vendor, then Avaya will recover it for you.

Did you try to take prints of PWD in LD 22 , using your current login and password ?.

If this is a newer system that you manage but do not have the admin2 you can always reset it using the procedure in the NN43001-604 Security Management Fundamentals

There are ways to reset the password for level 2, but you could log in via another account and see if you can create a new one in LD 17. There is a trick at 4.5 that sometimes work.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Thanks to all who posted. I was able to get my passwords reset via PDT with my vendor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back