Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

need to add server for GP 10.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipeattack

Technical User
Oct 16, 2009
US
I'm having trouble loading a server for GP 10.0. I've installed SQL 2005 and named an instance. I've also installed GP 10.0 many different times trying to get it to either recognize the instance from SQL 2005 install OR just create the default "Dynamics GP" server. All attempts have been unsuccessful.

I want to setup a blank GP system, no existing data anywhere, and no existing server to connect to. How do I do this?

For the server on which you have installed the named instance of SQL Server, ensure the SQL Browser service is running.

This is necessary to allow a client request to be pointed to the correct port that the named instance is using.
If this service is not running, the ODBC connection will effectively be failing.

Have you attempted to manually create the ODBC DSN and check that a test at the end of the wizard is successful?

------
Robert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back