Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

need to add a 2nd smtp domain address to Exch 5.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

it4bwk

MIS
Sep 6, 1999
US
Visit site
I have been asked to add an updated domain name to our Exchange site. We recently purchased another company and want to move to another stmp address for email purposes.

How do I add this new/additional smtp domain to my existing site and have that address scheme available to existing and new recipients.

thx!

In Microsoft Exchange Administrator, go to your Site item. Expand the Configuration item. Select the Connections item. Double click the Internet Mail Service(SERVER) for your Exchange Server to edit the properties. Select the Routing tab. Where it says "Reroute incoming SMTP mail(required for POP3/IMAP4 support)", add the domain name for the company that you purchased there (example: newcompany.com and/or mail.newcompany.com). You'll need to have the mail exchanger for that domain pointing to the IP address of your Exchange Server so that the purchased company's email will be routed to your Exchange Server. As far as I know, you'll have to add the extra email addresses to the recipients manually for existing and new recipients. Recipients can have multiple email addresses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back