Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need to access Foxpro 2.6 from Access @K

Status
Not open for further replies.

lewp01

MIS
Dec 17, 2001
US
We have an application that is written using Foxpro 2.6. I need to be able to link the tables to Access 2K for reporting purposes.

Does anyone know how I can do this. I've tried the MS Access ODBC drivers but can't link the tables. After a couple of errors, it will let me Import the tables, but this won't work very well for the reporting.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks...

Paul

Since your question seems to pertain to how to program within MS Access (utilizing VBA) you might be better served by posting your question within one of the MS Access forums within the Tek-Tips "universe" of gurus.

When in one of the MS Access forums, I would recommend, prior to starting a new thread, you use the Keyword search to look for previously posted questions and replies about your topic.

I am guessing that you will need to be utilizing an ODBC connection (such as I do in VB) to access the Foxpro tables. Don't get confused by seemingly differrent FP and VFP ODBC drivers, since the VFP ODBC driver will successfully work with older FP tables.

Good Luck,
JRB-Bldr
VisionQuest Consulting
Business Analyst & CIO Consulting Services
CIOServices@yahoo.com

Paul,
Just make sure you are using the current VFP ODBC Driver. The latest (last) ODBC version of the VFP driver is 6.1.8629.1. To find the version, you can go to the Control Panel and open the Data Sources (ODBC) applet. Next go to the Drivers tab and look for the Microsoft FoxPro VFP Driver. And alternative is to locate the file vfpodbc.dll (it's in my C:\WINDOWS\system32\ directory) and check the version tab on the file's property sheet. If this version isn't what's installed go to and get it.

Rick

JRB, Rick,

Thanks for your advice. I was finally able to make it work by doing basically what Rick advised.

Once again, many thanks.

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back