Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need tips/tricks to recover data from corrupt XPP NTFS vol 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 12, 2004
US
Hello All!

I, last night, received a KH-100 2.5 HDD external enclosure, in which I have ensconced (sp??) my old laptop drive, which is a recalcitrant NTFS volume.

I was able to mount it earlier using a Linux booter. I get the same "garbage" when I read the disc's contents.

Is there a tool out there that can begin to work on this drive and attempt to recover the data that was thereupon?

I would love to get your expert sgstns for software that works well against an XP NTFS volume. I guess any price range is ok, but certainly I'd enjoy hearing of those bargains out there.

HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!

Ace

R-Studio didn't get any results. After scanning, we tried "recover all files" and got garbage.

We're trying GetDataBack one more time...

Yes, giving up is an option at this stage.

--ACE

I too, recently ran into a corrupt NTFS partition. The system claimed the partition wasnt formatted - and was more than willing to format it for me. After searching around the net for a bit, I checked the forums here. I saw others were having the same issue :( I checked out the link posted by bcastner. The product looked like it would do what I wanted, so I took a gamble and bought the pro package. All I have to say is that I am sitting here happily watching my data being recovered.

bcastner - thanks for the link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back