Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations gmmastros on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need support on dial 9 Nortel MICS PRI When dial 9 display states Invalid number. Incoming DIDS work fine. Been working for years. Provider 1

Nortel dino

Vendor
Aug 21, 2024
Dial 9 Nortel MICS PRI When dial 9 display states Invalid number. Incoming DIDS work fine. Been working for years. Provider says not them. It seem that the fact that it is displaying Invaslid Number can be a MICS programming issue. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

Given you did not say that the unit has lost memory, I would say, ACCESS Codes - Show
External change to none. You need to refer to the Norstar manual.

The system has not lost memory yet. But this issue did start after the customer decided to reboot the system because 1 of his station modules was not working. The system does not seem to have lost any memory adn all incoming DID are still working. I did check the Access code are set to none.

Thanks

Check to see If the license code for the PRI card is present. I don't remember exact how to. If not see if you can find it and re enter it.

I had sent the OP and email and he is just getting others opinions too.

"Given you get that error as soon as dialing 9 it tells me 9 is not programmed in Services/Routing/Dest

Go to Services/Routing/Dest Codes/ try to show "9" then make sure it is using the correct route such as 001
If 9 is not allowed to be entered then Pool codes/External Code is the problem.
Got SystemProgramm/AccessCodes/Line Pool Codes, make sure none are using 9
Also check SystemProgramm/AccessCodes/External Code, set it to none if it's at 9."

To add:
Make sure the Absorb is set correctly in Dest Code 9

The issue is resolved. it was exactly what Curlycord told me to check.

Added destination code 9 it was set to none. Also set absorb all.
under normal mode I added route table 001. It was set to route table 000.
I set second dial tone to 9.

And dail nine outgoing calls worked!

Thank you!
Nortel Dino
Cat6.us

I had sent the OP and email and he is just getting others opinions too.

"Given you get that error as soon as dialing 9 it tells me 9 is not programmed in Services/Routing/Dest

Go to Services/Routing/Dest Codes/ try to show "9" then make sure it is using the correct route such as 001
If 9 is not allowed to be entered then Pool codes/External Code is the problem.
Got SystemProgramm/AccessCodes/Line Pool Codes, make sure none are using 9
Also check SystemProgramm/AccessCodes/External Code, set it to none if it's at 9."

To add:
Make sure the Absorb is set correctly in Dest Code 9
Great Post! Thanks

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back