Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need some overview help with Unity Voice Mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

keat63

Technical User
Nov 12, 2010
GB
Chaps.

Around 4 years ago, i inherited a CCM v4 as part of a business relocation.
I've had no formal training on CCM, so everything i know, I've taught myself.
The system includes a Unity VM server, which until today has been switched off.

I'm now trying to get my head around how it works.
There appears to be 17 lines in to the VM server starting ext 8000 through to 8016, each of which answers with a "Hello Welcome to Cisco Unity"
I've created a user profile in Unity Admin, and allocated a log in as 5321, with password 12345.

If I try and call 5321, i receive a message from CCM that the extension does not exists.
If i call 8000 and connect to mailbox 5321, I can leave a message.
If I call 8000 and log in to 5321, I can play back the message.

So it seems that Unity is working OK.

What i'm struggling with, how as an end user would I divert all my calls to 5321.
The way i see it at the moment, is that who ever is calling me would need to know either my ID (5321) or my name.

I take it you mean the mailbox of 5321? If so, check the alternate extensions of that mailbox.

Certifications:
A+
Network+
CCENT
CCNA Voice

I wrongly assumed that creating a Voice Mail Box Log in of 321 would clash with the DN 321, hence the reason I called it 5321.
After playing again this morning, i reconfigured the login and named it 321, and now it's working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back