Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need some direction with securing an app

Status
Not open for further replies.

imryn

Programmer
Dec 2, 2002
US
Hi Folks,

I have a message board that I wrote. I make everyone either login or Register then auto login them in to the Board. Now when the logoff, I don't want the user to you the back button on the bowser to view it with out logging back in.

Thanks,
imryn

I posted a login script to this forum in the last couple of weeks. have a search back. it had all the features you list above (and more...).

i'm in the throes of polishing it for a book that I am writing - i'll post a link in this thread when it's ready but it won't be far different from that already posted.

note that the previous post used an array of username-password combos. to use with a db is a facile change to the relevant function.

Hey Justin,

Thanks for the tip, I was wondering if you knew a keyword to search on for it?

Also, that is awesome that you polishing a book. You seem extremely well versed in programming too. What is it that you do for a living? I am thing a programmer/analyst if I had to guess. I will keep looking for the update to you book too.

Thanks,
Ryan

Justin,

Okay, so after poking around and learning this site better, I see you are a technology lawyer. What did you do in your last life? :)

Ryan

before starting my own law firm I founded and directed a mobile payments company called Simpay. It failed last September for various reasons (funding not being one of them). Unfortunately we were just two weeks from launch after two years of development ... - funny how these things go). Google for Simpay - you'll find lots of stuff about it.

Before that I was General Counsel for T-Mobile International (the second largest european mobile telco and owner of Voicestream in the US) and before that for T-Motion plc which was the mobile internet arm of the Deutsche Telekom group of companies.

but ... i have been programming since I was seven!

Justin,

So I did google Simpay, what a Great idea that is. I am sorry to here, that it never got the chance to take flight.
And now I know how you've become as great as you are at all of this.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back