Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

need some clipper upgrade for my clipper 5.2 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerona29

Programmer
Oct 10, 2001
PH
im presently using a clipper version 5.2 and need some files to upgrade my programming language can anyone tell me a site to download those upgrade files (shareware/Freeware)
so i can upgrade my clipper version im not in the financial position to buy an upgrade

i hope to hear from you soon

u can download visual objects ver 1.0 from CAs web site. just check it out since it runs on windows and had come as an enhancement to clipper on windows after ver clipper 5.3 was released.

check the following site:

ftp://mf.cai.com/CAproducts/clipper/

this should help u.

if possible switch to some other language which would work on windows.

icici

Thanks for the site its but unfortunate that im only using a dos Computer im not yet into Windows Operating system

What sort of upgrade are you looking for? Is it the 'e' patch?

yes it would cenrtainly help any site for it where i can download some sort of upgrade for my clipper ver 5.2

Your Clipper 5.2 system should run under all Windows versions. Try to upgrate your linker to Blinker 5.1 or 6
Let me know if you have problems getting your application to work.

We have an application that has been developed partly in Clipper 5.0 and partly in CA-Clipper 5.3 - all DOS based. We wish to convert this application to a Windows environment (GUI and/or Browser-based) and split the database and logic functionality to make use of available RDBMS.

Can you offer any advice regards this requirement? In particular we are interested in a software tool-kit that will allow us to convert the application without significant redevelopment effort.

Thank you and best regards

All you can do with your clipper 5.2 version is to upgrade to 5.2e version. IF you need that e-mail to me.
bismir@bih.net.ba

If you want a Windows enviroment could try Alaska,
(last Clipper for Win32, W95 up)
You don't have to learn a new language. They say you
can still keep using 99.99% of the Clipper code that
you know. Only you would have to learn the new ways
to program for Windows using its tools and procedures.
They have the program to download for 30 days trial at

Luck

Jalm.

This is rusian site but I hope you will find the way to download your upgrade. I'm try and I'm do that.

spravki.net.ru/clipper/ca-clipper.htm

I can give you one copy of CA-Clipper 5.3b with disk instalations and patches.

If you wanted just write to me...

jal_fusion@hotmail.com

P.D: Please if you have it, I need a copy of Blinker 3.30 or above... thank you

..... I also need a copy of Blinker 3.30 or above. Thanks
gastrada@yahoo.com
thanks !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back