Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need software advice-HP T3000 Windows ME and Win 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

billtvt

Technical User
Feb 10, 2002
US
I have a T3000 tape drive from an older computer that I wish to use with my new system. I am using a dual boot WinME and Win2000 (for various reasons!.I will be migrating over to WIN 2000 soon.) I went to HP.com and found they are no longer supporting the drive, so I installed the Colorado backup software ver. 1.7, which went fine, but it wouldn't run (error message) I uninstalled it, and am looking for other options that will work.
Appreciate any help.

If you are still looking for drivers for the T3000 tape drive for Windows 2000, HP will not provide, now or anytime in the near future. However, I've found a software product that works extremely will and is about $60. I gave up trying to use my T3000 until I found this software. Please go to Novastor.com and look for their NovaBack TR3 workstation software. You can even download a version for 30 days to see if you like it.

Good luck. Let me know what you decide.

Ken Mummery
Ken Mummery Consulting

CBII ver 8 for W95,98. Ver9 is Win2K. Ver9.1 is for WME.
Also when trying to install versions of the earlier CBW and CBW for W95, you must remove every trace of prior software including if you installed MSBackup for W98, which is different then W95. Also you may need MSBackup for W98 installed prior to trying to install CBII.

CBII ver 8 for W95,98. Ver9 is Win2K. Ver9.1 is for WME.
Also when trying to install versions of the earlier CBW and CBW for W95, you must remove every trace of prior software including if you installed MSBackup for W98, which is different then W95. Also you may need MSBackup for W98 installed prior to trying to install CBII.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back