Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need simple mouseover baloon example 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

awingnut

Programmer
Feb 24, 2003
US
I am looking for an exampe of a simple mouseover balloon. All the examples I can find are much too fancy for what I want or have the capacity to learn right now.

I have a page with some fixed text. I'm looking for an example of how to display a balloon, with additional fixed text, when the mouse is passed over it. TIA

<span title=&quot;How simple is this?&quot;>Mouse over me</span>

=========================================================
try { succeed(); } catch(E) { tryAgain(); }
-jeff

Try
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build better and bigger idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. - Rick Cook

jemminger:

A little too simple. It works great, thanks. But I am not familiar with that tag. Its HTML, not javascript, right?

yes: the &quot;title&quot; attribute can be inserted into nearly any html tag.

=========================================================
try { succeed(); } catch(E) { tryAgain(); }
-jeff

awingnut,

The title attribute is standard HTML. Though as you may realize Jemminger has great knowledge of JS he's giving you a good advice to use HTML where JS simply isn't needed.

The title attribute will require less work for people to maintain and behaves exactly how users expect it to.

Why bother with JS when simple HTML can work for you?

Anyways a star to Jemminger for his answer.

Gary Haran

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back