Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need Screen POP 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezncool

IS-IT--Management
Oct 29, 2003
US
Happy Holidays Everyone. I have a G3siv9.5 system. The company would like us to start looking into screen pops when calls are delivered to an ACD agent. Are there any suggestions on how I should approach this project? Can anybody please provide suggestions.

ezncool
I have no technical solution to your management problem

First you have to enable Computer Telephony Integration (CTI) on your Definity. You will need to purchase the license for ASAI Basic at a minimum. You may also need to purchase ASAI Plus if you will use a third party product to tell the Definity how to route an incoming call. You will need a Telephony Server (T-Server) loaded with a product like Genesys to interpet the Definity messages and pass them on to your Application Serv er. You will need a device, like a MAP-D to connect the Definity to the T-Server. And finally you will need an Application Server that provides the engine for the screen pops.

Kevin

you can always do the "Poor mans" screen pop. Which is add a vector step to prompt for digits, (ie phone number). Add a callr-info button to the agent phone. Then when call i delivered to the agent they can press the callr-info button and see what digits the caller input.

Not really a screen pop, but it does not require any addtional hardware or licenses.

RTMCKEE

thank you both for your input

ezncool

Or you can do what we did.
As 4merAvaya suggests, you need:

1. Enable CTI on your Definity. I think you can see it if you do a "display system-parameters customer-options", page

2. You need a MAP-D board. Do a "list configuration all"

3. For our CTI server, we bought the Avaya Computer Telephony server.

4. Then using the included SDK we developped our own interface using C++ and imbedded it into our applications.

In thread690-778201 , there were a few other tools you could get instead of building it, of course for a price.

I have a g3siv9.5. on sys cust I dont see and option that says CTI, however I see ASAI interface and ASAI proprietory adjunct link. Are those the two that needs to be purchased? other than the mapd, servers and other applications of course. Please advise

ezncool

I think so. By no means am I an expert on Avaya licensing though so confirm that with your Avaya rep.

What I have on page 2 is:

ASAI Link Core Capabilities : Y
ASAI Link Plus Capabilities : Y

You can always use IP Agent in telecommuter mode with the desktop phones. This is an easy way to configure screen pops through IP Agent. Check the compatability with 9.5 though. I am not sure what release allows IP Agent.

Use IP Agent with the CallMaster VI.

Connect the PC serial port to the CallMaster VI.

Works great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back