Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need rolling fog 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillieT

Programmer
Feb 19, 2001
US
I am working on an intro for a game site. In the opening scenes a dense rolling fog will slowing clear to reveal the arwork in the background. I am having a tough time with the fog. Any suggestions, everything I have tried so far just looks cheesey. T.W.

how about tweening a white cloud graphic from alpha0 to alpha50 and back to alpha0, in a stack of mc instances on your stage. I've seen one attempt at this before and it was pretty duff though.

dave
dave@pinkzeppelin.com

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^​

BEFORE tweening, create a two, three or more distorted ovals without outline, on seperate layers, overlapping as required for depth of mist, the more layers with high transparancy the better, fill with and modify one of the gradiated fills provided, then use 'Modify', 'Curves', 'Soften Edges, If you want to move each individual mist cloud, then lock the others first, then 'Select all', otherwise you will only move a section of the gradiated mist, THEN tween all layers, stagger all tween's with alpha changes, scale and rotation, interdispersed in each layer, delicate changes work best....good luck

Back again

I have just done a quickie to show you the above effect is , with a bit more time and a longer time line you can achieve a resonable effect, bearing in mind softened edges do grab file size, beware..

I will e-mail the fla if you require it...

yours

John

John:

That's pretty tough! How did you go about making this exapmle? Got that fla handy?

Bill

Hi john,

That is a pretty nice effect you got going there. Could you send me the .FLA

rod.allsopp@c-3.co.uk

cheers man
roda B-)

Sorry for the delay, been busy, WORK..still got to make a crust..Hi
I have mailed you the fla 'roda', Bill please give me your e-mail add, I will send you a copy, really its just moving the the things in the tweens that does it, once you are happy with your virgin mist layers, then just go for it..BUT DON0T TWEEN BEFORE YOU GET YOUR GRADIANTS as you want them, as I said before watch your file size though...

John

Here again, I forgot to mention that if you nibble the edge of the gradiated ellipse's in two or three places with the eraser, this allows for more distortion before you start tweening...

John

That's sooooo cool looking'! Can you send me the fla as well, please?

Adam@PoetAsylum.com

thanks,
Adam

Sorry was out with a sick kid yesterday, that is great! Do send the .FLA when you get the chance.

tminneman@sheplers.com T.W.

OK Willie,

Sorry about the sick kiddy, or was it kidding sick..hi
Anyway it's on it's way.....

Adam give me your e-mail add, please, then I will send you the fla...

PS... to all, works best if the back groundor text etc..is the same colour as the outer gradiant colour...forgot...old age coming on FAST.........uhhh

Pretty sweet, can I also get the fla. Curious to see how you softened the edges.

info@mindcrafts.com

Hi wudz, I posted my email addy up there, and you already sent it. I appreciate it very much, I guess it might be the old age comin' on...j/k

ADam

Hi traum,
It's on its way,
oohps, sorry Adam, saw it as soon as I posted..yer right...OOOOOOOLLLLDDDDDD AGEEEEEEE.....

John

wudz thats so cool!! It looks like alot off ppl want to see the fla so would it not be easyer to just post the fla on a site and then post a link on this forum? heehee if you have the time please e-mail the fla to me pbflanagan@mindspring.com

John:

Finally back. Please send the fla to
bell@arkansas.net

Thanks much!

Bill.

OK Bill,
I must admit I didn't think it would be of much interest, must be a lot of graveyard sites out there...Hi

But I appreciate the interest & just a thank you too the main forum team, they do a great job and I have always had a speedy helpful reply to my Flash programing shortfalls...

here it is..

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back