Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need Reg Hack for changing default wallpaper when new user logs in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jhall0326

IS-IT--Management
Feb 4, 2002
US
I am trying to change the default wallpaper from the XP default. Can anyone help me find where to change this. Is it a profile issue or a registery change?

Thanks,

at HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Desktop modify the REG_SZ value Wallpaper to your liking... nothing new with XP in this regard.... ---
saybibi();
//john
#include <stddiscl.h>

I had already tried that one but it doesn't seem to change the wallpaper when a new user logs in. They still get the bliss.bmp.

You have to make a LogonScript that sets the WallPaper at every new user logon, because the wallpaper will not change until the user boots after 1. logon.
Script is VBscript:

Run at 1. logon (administrator):
'»»» Sets Wallpaper to None
WshShell.RegWrite &quot;HKEY_USERS\.Default\Control Panel\Desktop\Wallpaper&quot;, &quot;&quot;, &quot;REG_SZ&quot;

Run at 1. logon (user):
'»»» Sets Wallpaper
WshShell.RegWrite &quot;HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\Wallpaper&quot;, &quot;Path\bmp&quot;, &quot;REG_SZ&quot;

'»»» Sets Wallpaper to Center
WshShell.RegWrite &quot;HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WallpaperStyle&quot;, &quot;0&quot;, &quot;REG_SZ&quot;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back