Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need Recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

grundy

Technical User
Apr 12, 2003
US
We have a sever with a 120GB share on it. This share will eventually be 500 gigs within the year. We need a backup solution for that drive.

Currently we have a 4 30gig tape autoloader, but it's too small to complete the job.

We need to have daily backups up and off site proteciton. What do your recommened? We would like to go off site every 2 weeks.

Thanks

I'm looking for the hardware solution, we already have Retrospect 5.0. I want to do a full and differntial but I don tknow how big the tapes should be for the drive

Hi

For 500 Gb I would definately be looking at LTO2....capacity = 200Gb uncompressed, 400Gb compressed (in reality though would be looking at around 300Gb compressed).

For the amount of slots it all depends how many weeks worth of backups you want to keep in the library.

I'm still looking for a solution for this server. The server has already grown to 500 gigs and will probally be a max of 1 TB. I need a hardware solution for this and a tape rotation schedule to take tapes off site?

Any recommendaitons?

Thanks!

Grundy,

email me at claudius95 at yahoo dot com

There is a d2d backup solution from Data Domain. It gives you 20x compression of your data and uses existing backup apps and is a lot more cheaper than tape and as fast as an LTO2 tape drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back