Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need POS Software for 3 store carry out pizza.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryknroll

Technical User
Oct 30, 2005
US
I have a customer with 3 "little Caesars Pizza" sites offering carry out only. The menu is limited with pizza variations, bread sticks, sodas, buffalo wings, and (sometimes) salads. I've been searching for the right software for some time but most have way too many perks that are not needed. The owner wants capabilities of Small menu, employee time tracking and scheduling, interfacing with their Quickbooks Software, and to allow networking interface from a office computer elsewhere for the purpose of polling reports and changing prices (weekly specials). Is there such a specific solution out there? Big problem so far is getting the "lite version" software with the network capabilities. Please help?

I would guess you could pick 30 of the most popular POS systems on the market, and they would all do what you requested (minus maybe the Quickbooks thing).

Unfortunately, what you're trying to "avoid" by being overwhelmed with features you don't need, is a common complaint among restaurants (especially Quick Service markets) with simpler needs.

I don't know if you have POS system at the moment, but I'd caution you against deciding what you "don't need" in advance. My experience is that when we install systems with older systems or no current POS sytem, they are usually suprised how easy they are, and end up using things they thought they wouldn't. The downside is they have to wade through some features they won't use, but that's going to be the case with any robust system.

Rynroll,

You may check out cafecartel @ It's a low cost system with many features, and very simple to operate. It manages pizza menus, and has quick service settings.

You can get an online demo as well by filling out the contact form.

It doesn't offer direct quickbooks support, but you can export any of the information you'd like to excel.

Regards,
Mark Phillips

Mark P.
Providing Low Cost Powerful Point of Sale Solutions.

You can also look at the Micros E7. I'm pretty sure it has a built-in Quickbooks interface but I'm not 100%. It's meant for smaller operations with limited menus, (a couple thousand lines or so), has a time and attendance package and runs on a windows network so you can access it from remote control programs like pcAnywhere and NetOp.

You can also pair it with MyMicros and get web based access from any PC with a browser. It lets you make menu item changes and get reports on individual stores and comparisons between stores.

I don't know what your customer's budget is, or how much the E7 goes for. Micros is generally more expensive that other POS systems but to me it's worth the extra cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back