Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need pm to access KXTD308 with password / default KXTD308

Status
Not open for further replies.

phonerookie2

Programmer
May 6, 2010
US
Anybody know how to default the old KXTD308? ....this one I just acquired has unknown password.....unlike the rest of the KXTD line there is no CLEAR switch to default this thing....don't want to unsolder battery if I can get around it.....Anybody? And how to I setup account here to receive P.M.'s / emails...?

Thanks!

I assume you tried the default password...gotta ask.

"put power to it when the red light goes solid
put it to clear hit reset when light flashes put it to normal with in 2 seconds should come up and red light should be solid again and be in default"

This is from a previous post elsewhere.

Yeah but that was an incorrect statement...there is NO way that person had a KXTD...they really had a KXT ....the KXTD308 once again does NOT have a CLEAR switch....

Comparing instruction between the manuals KX-TD 308 vs KX-TD 816/1232 I see your point.

Do you have any information on who owned or maintained the system previous? 4-digit combinations generally, if not still default are the site address, last digits of the main telephone number or other easy numbers 1111 et cetera for other techs in the same company to remember. I have got into many a system using this method.

I think there is a clear switch inside the unit. Take the cover off and look close.

Actually the KT-TD308 only has a reset switch as illustrated on page 2-32 and explained on page 6-5 of the Installation Manual. The reset switch does not clear the database.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back