Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need Picker Belt for RW530 Optical Jukebox on VAX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 14, 2004
US
I need a picker belt for a DEC RW530 Jukebox on an OpenVMS V6.2 VAX 4000-600A. I have exhausted all my used hardware vendors, no one has a replacement belt. HP doesn't support the RW530 anymore; it's only 15 to 20 years old. I have depleted my supply of replacement belts. I have plently of the short belts but I'm out of the long picker belt.

The HP part number for the belt is C1700-60034. I can get a belt made if I can get an old belt in reasonable condition; my belt disintegrated and can't be used.

If anyone checks this forum (I know no one has posted for 2 years) and can help, let me know.

Thanks,

DW Flickner
Cincinnati, Ohio

hi,
I have found these two links:

but I am sure you had already seen them.

I googled the code looking for an image of the belt, before writing you, but nothing.

The reason for which I write you is the following, a bit strange, crazy,
but if you have not a better one, you can try. I am not joking.

When I was young, I was an electronic-hardware-devices repairer (radio,tape,...).
Were arriving in Europe the first models of Japanese HiFi of CarRadio,
without right organizations of assistance.

When belts of tape player/recorder became longer (stressed), the first
operation we did, if without a correct spare part, was to "cut" the belt,
eliminate one centimeter of it, then ... using the new "Cyanoacrylate glue"
(new for the '70), we were able to fix, for a period, the problem.

I ensure the the bad was not the fact of the glue, but that the belt was still
the old one, then not more well elastic.

If you have shorter and new belts, of same shape (section),
if it is not so critical as a diesel engine distribution belt,
looking for a good glue (not in supermarket, but in a professional hardware shop),
you could get a solution.

bye
vittorio

Vittorio, thanks for the links but we already tried them, no belt. Can't use the old belt it disintegrated into a bunch of stings and powdered rubber.

Still looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back