Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need phones to ring on Aspire system

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndrewTech

Technical User
Oct 6, 2017
US
Customer of ours has NEC Aspire. I don't know any more than that regarding system config. I know that we cannot access it via PCPro or web Pro. According to my coworker, the only way to setup programming is via the phones themselves.

My coworker setup 2 phones for them. Customer is saying that the phone lights up on inbound calls but no audible ring is heard. I'm hoping they just have the ringer turned down. But if that's not the case, can someone give me a quick write up on how to program CO line keys to make them ring? I have tried looking for a programming book and can't find anything.

Belevedere - The phones are already ringing, there isn't any audible sound.

If it's not a matter of the ringer being turned all the way down, is there a programming step to check to see if the phones are setup for audible ringing? The difference between line ringing audibly or having the key setup for BLF appearance only.

BLF appearances do not ring, only trunk appearances, and extensions (Virtuals). Check 22-06

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back