Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need PC Cleaner Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

KennyRohan

Technical User
Apr 21, 2003
US
Can anyone recommend a decent software Cleaner that finds invalid Registry entries, duplicate files, unnecessary files, etc. and perhaps gets rid of spyware. Thank you.

I mostly like System Mechanic (CCLeaner works fairly well.

Also, if you download/install/try most system cleaners, they will scan your system, report a number of problems, but only clean a very few of them. These companies want you to spend money to do anything useful.

System Mechanic isn't one of them. It's 100% operational for 30 days. I use it all the time. It will clean your registry, delete .bak, tmp, log files, etc. It also includes a defragger, popup blocker, and a secure delete program.

Try cleaning registry run entries, Usually make a nice difference, start/run type in regedit, Local Machine / Software / Microsoft / Windows / Current Version / Run
Make sure there isnt any extra stuff running at strtup that you dont need. also Under HKey Local User / Software / Microsoft / Windows / Current Version / Run there are also startup options to clean up. This will make a difference in boot time and you will have less processes running. Just a simple thing to check hope it helps.

-DedMeet

"Do What I Say, Not What I Do

Do a search for Advanced System Optimizer. It's not free, but you have 30 days to run it before it stops working and in the meantime you have full functionality. It's worth registering, it's probably my favorite app for improving system performance.

RegistryFixer - which is part of the FixIt Utilities suite - works quite well, and has the feature that it classifies the recommended cleaning actions by safety (green, yellow, red). I have used it for years, and have never had a probem deleting the registry entries designated 'green' .

See:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back