Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

need my server behind a 501 pix to obtain naval time..

Status
Not open for further replies.

gman10

Technical User
Jul 20, 2001
US
Hello all-

Basically, I have a 501 pix, the outside interface allows all traffic out but the inside is another story.. I would like to have my Windows 2000 server to obtain a time sync from the US Naval Observatory.. The server as all other workstations are in a 10.0.0.x network.. So, once my server goes thru the outside port and synchronizes the correct time with naval it would need to do this via the inside interface on the PIX.. what do I need to do to assure this happens..I hope anyone can help..
I know what needs to be done on the Win2k server as far as the using the proper net time command but the pix is the question..

gman[morning]

Hi Craig-

Just wanted you to know that this is not a Windows 2000 domain, just a few workgroup with a few pc's in each ALL holding a 10.x.x.x address (same range).. I was wondering if I could just run-> nettime /setsntp:ntp2.usno.navy.mil
at the server and then net time //servername /set /yes on all the workstations even though it's not a true domain.. this should work..

thanks again for any info you can provide

gman[morning]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back