Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need my form to refresh after another form closes

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJKAOS

Technical User
Jun 30, 2000
US
I have a form and it shows a list of all the records, and there is a button to add a new record.(a new form pops up that allows you to add a new record.)

But after the new record is added and the pop up form closes, I want the original form to automatically refresh so that it shows the new record in its list.

I have figured it out by adding a button..but I want it to do it automatically.

Thanks for any help.

Hi DJKaos,

Create a macro with a RunCommand action and set the command in the action arguments area to Refresh. Then attach this macro to the OnLoad Property in your form that lists the products. Your list should be refreshed as soon as the pop up window closes and your form displays.

Jennifer

Another way - Assuming that you are opening your called form in dialogue mode so the calling program is paused until the update is complete, put the following just after the docmd.openform etc code:

me.requery

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back