Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need Micros Installation Help 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezchow

Technical User
Aug 10, 2015
US
I downloaded both
Oracle Hospitality RES 3700 5.4.0.0.0 for Microsoft Windows x64 (64-bit) and the 32 bit version from the oracle download site

I have tried to install this on a windows xp machine, windows server 2008, windows 8, but I can't get it installed. Any ideas? I get a batch window that quickly disappears after it unzips..

Have you run the prerequisite installation package?

As far as the prereq installation package, I couldn't find any. I went to oracle e-delivery and downloaded a single file. I looked at the docs, nothing mentioned about installing anything first. I dl'd a file V74897-01, inside that file is RES_54_MR2. And when I execute the file, the self extracting occurs, but a dos window quickly appears and disappears. It creates a temporary file folder in my temp, but that quickly gets deleted. Its running a file called something like update.bat that fails to finish, thus causing the dos window to go away and installation to fail(really never begin)

I had a look on the oracle site.
They have only uploaded the Maintenance Release 2 (Thats what the MR2 stands for).

This is only a patch and not the full system. I dont know where you can download the full version.

Do you want some custom SIM scripts developed. Contact me via my website

Thanks for the response.. at least that explains why i couldn't get it working.. so thank you.. now I will try and look for it somewhere.. does anybody know where i could get an affordable image of it? This is strictly for menu purposes, learning and development.

does that e7 file also install micros 3700

More or less likely, No. Search the forum for 3700 install, or other keywords.

Does Oracle still allow us to share the installation packages? Micros never really cared since you couldn't use it without a USB key, but I don't want to go linking to installers if Oracle has changed the rules.

Thank you all for this information. [bigsmile] I sincerely appreciate it.. now I guess I will have to find someone selling a limited use VM for an affordable price..

Do you need the hardware or the os? You can run on a desktop PC (provided it has 2 gbs memory and drive space to spare). You can install it on your desktop and create the virtual systems using it.

I just need the micros res software to run the backoffice system

Not to my knowledge. I haven't heard anything different.

Thanks hosehead, I was hoping that Oracle wouldn't/didn't change that.

ezchow - I just shared my google drive folder with the install packages I use: Res 5 Installers. It has everything you'll need up to Res 5.2, and the install instructions and feature documents are in the Release Notes folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back