Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need memo field in report footer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Principal

IS-IT--Management
Oct 12, 2002
US
I am trying to use an unbound form and field to input short text data into a report in the report footer section. My form is open when the report is printing and I have a reference to the filed and unbound form in the report footer. I can only add a few words. Anymore than that and Access gets caught in a loop and the report will not format and dies. I have to end Access as a task to get control back. This text is nothing I need to save so I did not want to do it in a table. Just a short annotation that prints at the end of the report. Any ideas are very much appreciated.

Steve

Hi, What you're saying should work.If you have an unbound text box on your main form - txtMemo, for example; and a text box in the report footer of your report whose control source =Forms![Your Form]!txtMemo, then it should work fine.

You might set the Can Grow property of the text box in your report to Yes.

I'm not sure what the character limit is on an unbound text box but I typed in 'Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country' & it accepted it & printed same in the report footer.

Hope that helps. If not, providing a little more detail on the form and report controls will probably do the trick.

I think I solved this one. When I changed the default action for the enter key to new line everything worked just fine. Having is set at the default setting must have been throwing Access into a panic for some reason. Thanks for your help.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back