Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need jump start in creating editable PDF

Status
Not open for further replies.

blakekr

Programmer
Jul 19, 2000
US
Hi, I am trying to figure out how to make a simple editable PDF but think I may be overcomplicating it?

I really don't need to create a "form" per se, I am trying to create a card or stationery item in PDF format, so people can enter their own information in, then print out.

I have been using the form wizard (AA 9.0), which is dazzling, but the problem is, I can't seem to use it to set font properties (size, font type) etc., and have no idea how I would specify or even embed a font for the end user.

I am not even sure the font wizard is the correct tool for this. Can someone give me a hint?

Just a suggestion, when dealing with forms for work I place text fields on the document where I need them.

This allows the user to input data without having to create a form.

The other thing you can do is create the form in word and then convert to PDF.

Hope this might help!~

I used Infix to edit a pdf document from work for a last minute printing and it worked wonderfully!

Aim for the moon, for even if we miss, we are still among the stars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back