Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need Info on NCM

Status
Not open for further replies.

eric2

Technical User
Mar 30, 2005
US
I am a consultant working with a client to configure their BCM Network Configuration Manager to manage their BCMs in the field. I have sucessfully imported a config but cannot populate the programming in many of the fields. Anyone willing to talk off-line about thier experiences with this product?

Eric

It's been a while since I used NCM, but my fondest memory is that NCM didn't handle changes of set programming, short of name changes. It has it's place for a network with a lot of cookie cutter deployments, but it never impressed me much. Just my opinion, maybe it has changed in the past couple years.

We use NCM where I work we just started using it recently stilll learning but I would be interested in discussing what its capabilities are.

Our deployment is 324 which is a mix of 3.5, 3.6, 3.7, and soon to be 4.0's. Haven't fully began taking advantage of it capabilities because we have been generating keycodes and importing them. It has it's quirk's but I believe it could be great for centralized backup, changing IP music playlist, ccr trees etc. We've imported about 285 so far.

If you're interested in talking more let me know.

bjthomas09 I would like to discuss your experiences with NCM. Please call 610-404-7951 and leave a message as to when would be good times to talk. Thanks!

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back