Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need info on BlackBerry / Exchange selections

Status
Not open for further replies.

brbaldwin

IS-IT--Management
May 2, 2001
US
I've done some searching on this and have drawn a complete blank so far. Can someone point me at some documentation?

We have a couple dozen BlackBerry users who synch their units with Exchange (there's a Blackberry 'Enterprise Server' involved). Under Backup Exec's individual mailbox selections, there is a BlackBerryHandheldInfo directory with five subdirectories, one of which, BlackBerryRefIDSearchFolder1_7, seems to hold all the messages ever sent to the handheld.

Since these messages are dupes of those in the regular Exchange mailbox, I'm wondering if there's any reason I shouldn't uncheck the BlackBerry 1_7 box. That's my immediate question. I eventually need to learn what all those BlackBerry directories mean. I'll send off direct queries to Veritas and the RIM people meanwhile.

Thanks for your time
Bruce

We have the EXACT setup as you, if you find anything out regarding this could you post to this again?
It seems those blackberry boxes are taking up some much valued 16GB limited information store space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back