Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need Impromptu solution to extract yesterday's data

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMBFan

Technical User
Jan 26, 2004
US
I have a problem with the filter statement we use to "look" at a previous days data. We had previously used the Impromptu filter "(Date Field) = today () - 001 00:00:00.0000". We started accessing data from a SQL 2000 database yesterday and it seems it doesn't like the "interval" portion of the expression. I could just schedule the report late at night and just use the today function but then we could run into problems with the "Entered Time" of our orders.

You could try using the add-days() function

Date Field = add-days(Today(), -1)

HTH

Gary Parker
MIS Data Analyst
Manchester, England

Thanks for the tip. I was able to figure the problem out by myself. As it turns out the problem stemmed from the 'today' function. The 'Date Field' used was a date-time field while the 'today' function is date only. Therefore I was trying to do an equal comparison of a date-time field with a date field. I simply added the function 'datetime-to-date' before the 'Date Field' and was able to get my result set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back