Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

need immediate outside dialtone on t/r phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

cybertheque

Technical User
May 15, 2011
US
I am experimenting with a legend configured with one 408 gs/ls/id/mlx and one 016 cards in anticipation of changing the 408
to a 100D; I need to have the t/r phones (500 rotary, 2500 tt) get an immediate outside dialtone when offhook. For now, I will assign one line/trunk per phone (four lines, four phones). I tried making each phone a hotline and that works but there is an unacceptable six second delay from offhook to dialtone (system is in key mode currently).

In essence, I am trying to make the legend into a channel bank.

What are the various ways and which are best in each of 'key', 'pbx', and 'behind switch' modes to do this?

Thanks,

Michael

NOTE: the hotline approach is simply assigning the digit 9 as the first (01) personal speed dial number and setting the extension as hotline from winspm.

I also tried making the entry '9#' -- both from the telset and from winspm but the trailing '#' was simply discarded.

Merlin Legend R7.0 V10.0

Assign the pool to the extension, make it NO ring, then make the Auto Line Select pick the pool first.

For the moment I am still in 'key' mode -- I tried ALS in Centralized Programming but my entries were ignored (didn't appear on any buttons). According to the feature reference, single line phones should permit ALS with an outside line. I tried deleting
all lines/trunks from the extension first, but one button always
resists deletion.

Which button and how should I be doing ALS on the single line phone in 'key' mode?

If this isn't possible, then which of 'pbx' or 'behind switch' mode is preferable?

Thanks again

Use Hybrid/PBX, not Behind Switch if you're going to go in pool mode.

In key mode, remember the bottom "buttons" are Intercom, not lines. You can click on each button to see what it is, then do the Auto Line Select to choose the lines in the order you want them accessed (*14, click on each line in order, **14)

Thanks. Working now in key mode as per your instructions above.

1. assign line/trunk to the extension:
system prog->extensions->lines/trunks

2. centralized programming->enter extension->dialpad->*14->click on line button->**14

3. test phone (outside line dialtone immediate when going offhook)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back