Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

madgeek

IS-IT--Management
Jun 24, 2003
CA
Customers power supply is fried. Replaced power supply and the computer does not boot up and does not recognise any components. Power is definitely going to the motherboard from the power supply checked this via a P1 connection it's a really old Pentium 2.(circa 1997!!)
I've checked I think the motherboard got destroyed also in the power spike. Anybody have any other ideas on this one ? Also any good hardware prices on BX440 motherboards? I already have the power supply sorted.

Thx for answering

Tracey

Many times I have had to replace mobos, video cards, and ram when a PSU blows.
For the price of a 440BX board, you could probably get a decent KT400 board, and Athlon, unless you're willing to go used, and/or try ebay.

Cheers,
Jim
iamcan.gif

You could be chasing your tail on this one, because unless you have known working spares to hand you might end up replacing the lot by the time you've finnished.
I'd go with hard drive then CDrom then motherboard
But as Comtech says with new 1.3 base units from as little as £169 UK, gauranteed, is it worth it.
Martin

Replying helps further our knowledge, without comment leaves us wondering.

Perfect time for a new PC, I'd recommend...

Mom ;^)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back