Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
What does little beeps mean when I turn on my PC

It depends how many little beeps. <p>Al<br><a href=mailto: atc-computing@home.com> atc-computing@home.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Depends completely on the bios configuration of your machine.&nbsp;&nbsp;Some configurations do it to see if the speaker is getting power.&nbsp;&nbsp;It is also used to indicate if something is misconfigured on your system board. Usually one beep or two short ones mean that it is testing to see if the in board speaker is their.&nbsp;&nbsp;You can look up all the technical diagrams for your mother board on the web to really check but it probably does not matter.<br><br> <p>moses<br><a href=mailto:tmoses@iname.com>tmoses@iname.com</a><br><a href= my site</a><br>"In the beginning there was HTML, and it was good"<br>
by Nick Heinle, Designing with JavaScript<br>
<br>
<br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back