Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

need help with the error: 800704B2 and 800704C3 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

zhangling

Programmer
Jan 25, 2007
US
I have the following code in a Visaul Basic 6.0 program for mapping to a network drive:
Set objNetwork = CreateObject("WScript.Network")
objNetwork.MapNetworkDrive driveLetter,fullPath, bPersistent, userName, password

driveLetter will be searched at run time, all other parameter values will be getting from a XML file.

Here are errors I got:
Error code: 800704B2 - An attempt was made to remember a device that had previously been remembered.
Error code: 800704C3 - The credentials supplied conflict with an existing set of credentials.

The second error occurs only if the userName and password provided are different from Windows login user name and password.

Can anyone let me know how to get around these errors? Thanks

FOr a problem with VB6 you should probably try the VB6 forum:

[red]"... isn't sanity really just a one trick pony anyway?! I mean, all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you are good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit!" - The Tick[/red]

how to get around these errors
Set objNetwork = CreateObject("WScript.Network")
On Error Resume Next
objNetwork.RemoveNetworkDrive driveLetter
On Error GoTo 0
objNetwork.MapNetworkDrive driveLetter,fullPath, bPersistent, userName, password

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

I added the following 2 lines code before calling
objNetwork.MapNetworkDrive driveLetter, fullPath, bPersistent, userName, password

On Error Resume Next
objNetwork.RemoveNetworkDrive driveLetter

It works!

Thank you very much!

LZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back